Saturday, October 22, 2016

Adventures of The Douds, Party of Four!!!

Suffice it to say I am sleep-deprived. I'm now convinced of sleep deprivation's effectiveness as a torture technique (I would rather have my left pinky toenail pulled than have another week of barely of any sleep), but I have been wanting to update this blog for about 3 weeks now. So finally, during this terrible UT vs K State football game, I am getting to update what we've been up to lately.

Just have to first share a story from this past week that illustrates how awesome of a Daddy Dirk Ryan is.... Dakota had just filled her diaper with a huge (we were assuming from the smell) poop. While she's getting the hang of peeing in the potty, she has shown no interest (yet) in taking the Bears to the Bowl. I know it'll happen eventually, so I'm not pushing it, but she hates for us to change the poopy diapers. I'll let her play for a while, but after a bit I'm ready for some fresh air. I ask her first to let me change the diaper, and she does her usual, half-cry half-whine "NOoooOoo!" Seeing this was going to be a battle, Dirk asks to take the lead. Gladly! Thinking he was going to come up with some bribe, or worse, be demanding and force the diaper change, I sat back to watch. He knocks on her door, where she's playing in her room in said stinky diaper. "Daddy Door Fixer" here. She's curious. "Dakota, your door is a little off here. I'm going to get my tools to fix it." She's immediately interested, and yes- her door hinges were a little loose. Dirk tightens the door hinge and lets Dakota watch, and after fixing it proudly announces, "I'm going to need payment  for fixing your door, and I only accept dirty diapers." I smile, he's a genius sometimes. She of course lets Daddy change her diaper, and the door is fixed! 

Baby Dirk (reason #1 for the lack of sleep) has been cutting teeth this past week. He has two on bottom starting to poke through. He's not cranky, but he has gone on a sleep strike. I am actually surprised how smiley he still is. He's also starting to eat more and more baby foods- and he likes the sweet potatoes, mangos, and bananas. Not so much a fan of the sweet peas. He is going to be an adorable red-eyed tree frog for Halloween! It's insane that he is almost half a year old.





Dakota, or Goose, as she's been nicknamed lately, has been such a fun energetic ball of energy. She's loving her new school and friends and teachers there. Each night we say a prayer, and she always includes, "my friends and teachers"! Eli is her favorite friend at school. Her teacher told me that they separate the chairs at lunchtime nice and evenly at the table, but Dakota and Eli always slide theirs back together so they can be close to each other. Dakota is going to be her favorite character for Halloween, Molly from Bubble Guppies! She was also Anna from Frozen, and loves singing the Frozen soundtrack on the way to and from school. Have I mentioned how much she looks like Shirley Temple?

                                


Dirk and I have had a full calendar of fun events lately that have left little time to fully relax at the house. We celebrated 2 weekends of ACL Festival (had to see Willy Nelson), drove to Houston twice in the past month, and have both had hectic work schedules. See pics from said fun events below.




ACL Music Festival







Boo at the Zoo with Family!





Family Photo Shoot





Labor Day Del Rio Trip with Friends




Hanging out at Nana and Nonos




We are looking forward to the Holidays and getting to see family, and maybe a little more sleep in the meantime.




No comments:

Post a Comment