Tuesday, February 7, 2017

2017 in full effect!


It's unbelievable how quickly this year is passing. Valentines is next week??? I'm afraid I'm going to blink and Baby Dirk will be walking. He's already pulling up on everything in the house, including Dakota's walker. Where did my itty bitty baby boy go????


Had to capture his sweet Elvis lip I get sometimes. Note: He's standing in this one.


I loved this sweet pic from our Friday Night Movie Nights! Daddy blows up the movie mattress (blow-up mattress)and we pick a movie to entertain us for the evening. It's been fun, and my heart melts when Baby Dirk, Dakota, and Noodle all cuddle up. Dakota has Dotty - which she earned from going Poop on the Potty!



Dakota's sweet friends from Tanglewood. It's been so fun to watch these girls grow up. They all have become big sisters over the last year or so. I can't believe how nurturing they are with the babies. Dakota has her Big Eye beanie in hand (a different one all the time, but at least one at all times).


This was the year we should have been in the Super Bowl Cowboys.... we have such talent on our team with Dak and Zeke and Beasley. Daddy let me put Baby Dirk in Cowboy colors a few times this year. 
He looked especially handsome in them.



We love to cheer Dirk on. Dakota also loves to demonstrate her many talents as we record Baby Dirk's milestones. ha! 

Some early highlights that I don't have pictures of from - 

*New Years Eve- Dirk poured me a glass of champagne and we sat in our Adirondack chairs and we rang in the New Year together with sparklers on our back porch (2 hours before midnight) as cops searched for illegal fireworks in the cul de sac behind our house. I knew this was going to be an unforgettable year.

*Sitting in my doctor's office hearing her say I have Hashimotos - I'm still getting used to this one. I've been taking hormones and have eliminated gluten and dairy from our diet. Dirk is a trooper and eating the diet with me! It's a huge help that he's on board.

*Singing and dancing to "Shake it Oss" - Dakota loves the song from Sing, but dancing to her with it is the best exercise ever! She loves to say "mmm hmmm" after That's what People say....
and "it's like I got this music in my head saying it's gonna be alright" I love introducing her to music that empowers her.

*Baby Dirk big smiles - I just adore his early morning smiles. When he sees me looking at him, he opens his mouth so wide as if he's screaming, but still in a huge smile. It is the absolute best start to my day. 

*Enchanted Rock and Wine Hunting in Fredericksburg - I am still so grateful we had this weekend to relax! Dirk picked the most romantic cottage and I felt like I was on a Bachelor style date. Hiking and being goofy at Enchanted Rock and then sampling wine after wine after wine. It was so nice to reconnect as husband and wife and not Mom and Dad! 

* Children's Church - Dakota was so excited for children's church this past Sunday, she walked down the aisle all by herself during announcements and sat there at the foot of our Pastor while she read the latest events. It was pretty funny, because she was sitting there so quietly. The rest of the children were at the back of the church waiting for Children's Church. She eventually walked back, and came forward with the rest of the kids. Love her enthusiasm! She also loves to say, "That was a close one..." as in close call. I'm not sure where she heard it, but she says it to her Big Eye Beanies all the time- and rarely in the right context- ha!

There are just so many moments that I want to record and remember, but it's hard to keep track of them all. I hope to blog more frequently so I don't forget these special moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment