Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Springing Forward

I had another magical moment that I felt like I had to come blog about or else it'd be long gone in my really short term memory bank.

Earlier this week, putting Dakota to bed after reading 3 stories, saying our prayers, and singing You are my Sunshine, she held my cheeks in her hands and squeezed so hard that air came out, sounding much like a "sart," as she says. She laughed so hard that I couldn't keep from laughing either. And for the next 5 minutes, she kept pressing on my cheeks and laughing hysterically. It was in that moment that I felt so incredibly blessed. I want this memory etched so vividly in my brain that I will never have to remember it, because I am constantly replaying it and savoring the sweetness of her laugh. 

The most handsome baby boy in the universe is knocking me off my feet with his ability to stand on his own. He's been working on his balancing skills and I know he'll be walking by the end of the month. He's only 2 months away from being a year old! He's been eating more real foods - eggs, bacon, and pancakes are some of his favorite. He also seems to enjoy dog food, and I'm always racing to beat him to the dog food and finding a piece or two already in his mouth. He has been obsessed with playing in the water - gets super excited for bath time and strains to put his hands in the toilet when we leave the lid up. Silly boy!

Lately, we have spent lots of time hanging out at parks after work or on the weekends. The weather has been so nice, and Dakota loves herself a swing! She loves when I do the "underdog" and makes sure I push Baby Dirk slow. Here are some of our park pics from our favorite parks - the Curlew or "pool park" and the dog park that Noodle likes us to go too, because he gets to play! Some things never change- Dakota and her animals, Daddy in his short shorts, and Baby Dirk in his Baby Bjorn. It breaks my heart, but I think he's finally outgrown it.




    

Looking forward to our Spring Break and some fun summer plans we've started to make - camping or "cabin"ing at Inks Lake, season passes to Fiesta Texas, a Del Rio get together, the Watermelon thump and hopefully a Jellystone Resort stay! We Douds like to get around.
\

No comments:

Post a Comment